Friday, January 15, 2010

Stickin' it to the Man

I took a break from blogging.
It can just be so darn detrimental sometimes!
I put myself out there and run the risk of
being made fun of for trying to astoud you
with my quick wit and dazzling intellect.
And I run the risk of not getting enough
comments to confirm my awesomeness and
popularity. Somtimes it's just too tough for
my sensitive spirit to endure sometimes.

I needed to take a step back, examine my life and my
priorities and decide if blogging truly has a place in my life.
NOT!!!

I just got sick of it.
The end.

I know. I'm a rebel freak.
I haven't even seen New Moon yet.
(Can you even imagine???!!)

The last few weeks at work have been unbearably
boring, so I'm back on the wagon.
A smidgen of my wasted time will be devoted
to blogging every once in a while, and
what better way to do that than
by journaling for the world to see?

Increasing my spiritual knowledge makes me yawn.
Overacheiving and asking for more work is for butt kissers.
I've already printed out every recipe known to man.
If you refer to the post below I can only handle
Facebook for so long...
I can't read books because I don't "look" busy.

I'm done with my work in about 2 hours
& I'm here for 9.
Therefore, I shall blog.
Go ahead and pay me for that, SUCKERS!
Today I will perform an act of service & post a recipe.

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings

Not that good looking, but delicious.
Like a teenager with a hilarious personality,
but a gross zitty face.

You can get past it.

Ingredients
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 (10.75 oz) Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
3/4 can of Chicken Broth
1 Onion Finely Diced
1 (10 oz Package Refrigerated Biscuit Dough
torn into pieces
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Poultry Seasoning
1/2 tsp Pepper
2 tsp Parsley

Directions
1. Place chicken, butter, cream of chicken soup, and onion in a slow cooker and pour chicken broth on the top.
2. Cover and cook for 6 hours on high. About 2 hours before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker.

Serve with cooked veggies. Corn, carrots, broccoli, peas.
Just whatever gets you excited.

Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

Keri said...

I have missed your "quick wit and dazzling intellect". Welcome back!

Sandra said...

Seriously, I was like what the freak every time I checked your blog.
Can you email me that recipe? It won't copy and paste. If you have any more that you have tried and loved send them my way too.
Blog away baby!!!!!!