Friday, July 25, 2008

Meat Chunks on Shiny Sticks are the Devil!

leads to...
On Wednesday Derrick (b/f) got some tickets from his work to go down to a Bee's game, so we got some friends together and headed down to Salt Lake. We figured we had plenty of time to eat and catch some of the game so we went to Rodizio's and let me tell you if you've never been there and you're a meat lover, this is the place for you. They don't really even have a menu you just get a salad bar and they bring around 16 different kinds of meat nonstop until you tell them you don't want anymore. If I was on the Sound of Music and they asked me to add one of my favorite things to their song, food would be at the top of the list, so naturally I was prepping myself for the best dining experience of my life. As you can see from the pic above it didn't turn out the way I'd planned. A $25 plate literally down the toilet and I'll probably be a vegetarian for at least the next week. There were 6 of us and I'm the only one that got food poisoning. So, if you you go there, don't be scared. The odds are in your favor. I was sick on the 24th so I got to experience what the pioneers felt after they ate some buffalo that had sat out in the sun too long. The only difference is I have the convenience of indoor plumbing and I got to watch TV insted of having to walk in blistering heat while I was puking my guts out. So humbling.
Dinner took so long that we missed most of the game, but when we were driving by a foul ball flew into the street and almost hit our truck so we turned around, hopped out, and ran to pick it up. Some snot faced 10 year old thought he would do the same thing. We just revved the engine and told him if he even thought about touching that ball to kiss his fat little legs goodbye. At least we got a little piece of the action. (I'm jk about the little kid. We were the only ones that even saw the ball. Calm down.)


2 comments:

Kelsie said...

Ashley! I am so glad that you commented on my blog! It is fun to see what you are up to! I love your memories, wow we had some super fun crazy times huh! I love your Q&A post, seriously so hilarious! Is it alright if I add you to my blog list?

Brittni said...

Sorry that you got sickie!! Lunch wasn't terrible today - Caleb just isn't happy ever anymore!! Always needs attention - weird. AND...I didn't spell your name wrong dum dum.