Thursday, December 4, 2008

Crikey to the Sweet Pork and Aye Matie to the Movie!

So I made Sweet Pork, Cilantro Lime Rice, and Cilantro Ranch Dressing on Saturday in hopes that we would be able to have Costa Vida salads! Apparently my reading skills weren't up to par that day because I didn't realize that the pork takes like 6 hours to make.

I go to the store get the stuff I need and apparently Wal-Mart doesn't carry tomatillos (yeah, if you're thinking "What the crap is a tomatillo?", we were on the same page).

So I went home put all the stuff in the crock pot that needed to go in and then went to Smiths to find a tomatillo. They had some woot woot and then I went to Sugar and Spice to buy some cute Christmas lights. So I was gone like an hour. Come back home and realize that the POS crock pot Derrick has doesn't work. :(

Get back in the car and go back to Walmart to get a new one on Black Friday weekend. I must be mental. All the crock pots that were under $30 were gone.

Shopko it is. I found some! But I'm a total debater when it comes to purchases like that because I'll want it to last for a long time and I'm going to want it to match my kitchen when I grow up. Do I go sophisticated and get a stainless steel one cuz I might have a stainless steel appliance kitchen one day or do I get a red one so it throws a little color and warmth and freakin awesome fun spunk into cooking or do I get black because it goes with everything from modern to traditional. Except it doesn't go with brown. And what if I want a neutral cream tan and brown kitchen when I grow up? I just got black and said screw it.

She's a beaut isn't she? Totally worth the stress.

Go back home, throw the food the new CP and start hanging up the Christmas lights I got at Sug and Spi and break a bulb. My life sucks. Turns out my sweet pork won't get done until like 12:30 AM so me and Derelict went to Fredricos with Gordon and Godi for din din.

We didn't even have time to eat our Salads until last night, but they were dang good! Totally drool worthy. Whoever figured out these recipes is a genius. Who knows if I'll ever take the time to make it again because it's easier just to buy it, but I'm excited for my lunch today cuz there's tons of leftovers! Only half an hour to go!

After we ate Derrick took me to Australia. This is the best movie I"ve seen in a long time! Two very enthusiastic thumbs up. I loved it and I loved Hugh. He does a good job at being the Sexiest Man Alive.

The recipes I used for the delish salads are here... Click Me

4 comments:

Brittni said...

You are your mother's child. Holy crock pot drama. I'm glad you survived. And the color doesn't matter much because you'll probably tuck it in cupboard anyway because you won't want it on the counter all the time.

The movie was good huh? Interesting...

Kim said...

Good crockpot decision making skills. I'm so proud. I want to see that movie.

Shels said...

love the crock pot idea but hate the time it takes. good choice on your purchase-black seems to go good with everything!

The Lunds said...

How much did all the ingredients cost you. I'm trying to make a practical decision about making these salads. If buying all the stuff costs more than actually going to get one already made then forget that.