Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Randomness at its Best

My beautiful sista Brittni tagged me so, here goes.
6 More Random Things about Moi

1. The other day I had a client with hair like this...
Now, not only was her hair like that, but she was rockin the HUGE 80's glasses too. Being the fine upstanding member of society I am, I'm curious to know what my obligation is here? Do I take a picture of my client, (I might even bust out the polaroid so she feels at ease), find out the name of her hair stylist, march into her work, put the picture down at her station, and slap her across the face? Would that be crossing the line? I need some input because this lady was a sweet lady. I'm not trying to be a snot, All I'm saying is she needs not be a victim of atrocious 80's hair any longer. I'm just trying to make a difference.

2. The snow came this weekend and for the first time since I can remember, I didn't sink into the depths of depression like I do every other year. I must be getting used to dissapointment from Mother Nature. It snowed on my birthday this year for crying out loud! My birthday is May 1st! (Don't forget to mark your calendars!)
It's supposed to be shorts and a jacket weather on my birthday. Not gloves and snowboots.

3. I'm so excited to go to a Haunted House this year. I didn't go last year, but this year I'm definitely making it a priority. I'm bummed that Rocky Point closed cuz that was my fave. Does anyone know of any good ones?

4. I used to enjoy blog stalking to see what people are doing with their lives, but the more I blog stalk the more I realize BRHS's English program must have sucked big time. What's even more embarrassing is that a lot of these people have a college education. I'm not claiming to be a genius here or that I'm above making typos, but come on people. Let's start with a lesson on there, they're, and their. That's right. There are three of them. Pull out your 3rd grader's English book and learn how to us them. And when you don't appreciate something you should, its called taking it for GRANTED, not granite. Granite is a stone. If you're talking about a baby crying the baby lets out a WAIL. Not a whale, that's what ate Jonah. If you have things you need to get done, you say I have things to DO. Not, due. They're (they are) different. If you read this and you're one of those people who has these kind of problems, don't be a baby and go private cuz you're being made fun of. I'm not making fun. English is hard. I'm just trying to protect our reputation. Just because us BRHS girls are easy and inbred, that doesn't have to mean we're stupid.

Tip of the day: There's (there is) this thing in Microsoft Word called Spell Check. Try it.

5. Someday I want to go to road trip to the Oregon Coast for vacation. It would be cool to check out all the lighthouses and beach shops. And seeing ocean with the mountains would be beautiful.


6. I'm stoked that it's cold enough to start making soup again! I love soup because it warms me up and it always makes a ton so I can eat it for lunch for like a week. So, here's a recipe for some yummalicious soup I like to make.

Tortellini Soup
1 lb. mild Italian suasage
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup water
2 (13 oz) cans beef broth
1/2 cup apple juice
1 (28 oz) can crushed or diced tomatoes
3 carrots, sliced bigger
1 cup zucchini, sliced
1 green pepper, chopped bigger
1 t. basil
4 t. fresh parsley, chopped
8 - 12 oz. cheese tortellini
fresh Parmesan cheese, grated

In soup pan, brown sausage, drain or blot.
Add onion and garlic, cook with sausage until tender.
Add all but tortellini. Simmer 30 minutes or more.
Add tortellini 5 -10 minutes before serving.Garnish with Parmesan cheese

2 comments:

Angela said...

I agree, easy dos not = stupid. Our is used for posession (not are), do and due no not intermix, and aint is not a word people!!!! Just because you're easy doesn't mean you can't be smart.

The Lunds said...

Just on Saturday I was in Cafe Rio and they had some testimonials displayed. Mind you that these were professionally printed ones, not some that were just scribbled down on a napkin. And they used they're instead of their. Travis thought I was weird for noticing that, but using the wrong spelling for words drives me nuts!

PS. Nightmare on 13th makes you sign some sort of waiver to go through it so I'm guessing that means it's super good!