Monday, November 17, 2008

My Current Obsession

IDK why I'm blogging about this. I'm just that bored I guess.
Maybe it will help someone who has my same dilemma.
Every once in a while I will go through this weird stock up on
stuff and see how cheap I can find it phase.

This spring and summer it was books.

Then I decided I want a signature scent,
so when people smell it they're like hmm...

fun, bangin, adorable, irresistible
It must be Ashley :)
so now...
it's perfume

Here's how the hunt is going
First purchase:

Princess by Vera Wang


I love this smell! And the bottle is freakin cute! The things that suck about this is that it's an EDT and not an EDP so it doesn't last very long and it's pretty expensive so I hate to have to reapply like every two hours and everytime I put it on it would give me a headache. But it smelled so good I didn't even care. It's pretty fruity with some musk, amber and vanilly mixed in when it dries. Perfect smell, but doesn't last. I heard the body butter lasts longer than the spray, so I might have to get some of that.

Next:
Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana

Whenever I smell this on people I LOVE IT and can totally recognize it. It's light and clean and a little bit woodsy, but as far as the spray on the card thing goes I smell too much green apple and it just doesn't appeal to me so I don't really know why I got this. Maybe I just felt like being trendy. I actually didn't buy the real thing. InStyle makes an imitation that smells just like it for $11 so I got some of that instead of spending like $70. Anyway it was just an impulse buy and I got it because I love the way it smells on other people, but I couldn't force myself to put it on me because I didn't want to smell like a Jolly Rancher all day. A lady fom my work bought it from me and it smells way good on her. Maybe I'll buy another bottle cuz it's so cheap and try it out. Bottom line. I'm a freak to buy a perfume and not ever even try it on myself cuz I don't like the way it smells on paper.


Next:
Ed Hardy by Christian Audigier

This is a really good one for summer. It's kind of like Princess where it starts out really fruity and then fades to a musky amber. There's no vanilla though and it's not quite as cotton candy sweet as Princess is. It doesn't stay as long as I would like it to, but I get compliments when I wear it. I guess to sum it up it's sweet and musky. I wore it all summer so I'm kind of sick of it, but I'm sure I'll like it again next summer.

Next:

Dream Angels Heavenly by Victorias Secret


My cousin would always put this on when we were getting ready to go somewhere and she always smelled good. Not overpowering or too girly or anything. Just soft and pleasant and good. So being the numero uno fragrance in America and since I found the big bottle on the internet for like 30 bucks I thought I'd give it a shot. This perfume smells like butt on me! Death by fragrance. I hated it when I first put it on. So the night I got it, right before I went to bed I decided to spray a little on again, just to make sure I needed to sell it to someone. Yup I was decided.... Until I woke up the next morning and I smelled freakin fantastic! So now this is a keeper. It just has a weird spicy note at the first that doesn't agree with my chemistry, but after the dry down it actually smells really good. So the pitfalls are smelling like everyone else and I have to wait a while before I can go somewhere for it to smell good on me, but Derrick likes it so since I'm a nice g/f I'll keep it.

Next:

Fantasy by Britney Spears


That's right, I'm contributing to her millions. I also love her new song. This is a good perfume if you like girly foody smells and it has a cute bottle. Some kid bought me this lotion when he was trying to woo me over a couple years ago and I've really liked it ever since. It stays all day, it smells really good. Even my mom likes it, but she can't wear anything that's by "somebody" SJP, Britney Spears, J Lo. You know what I'm talkin about. So anyway I've just always had the lotion, and I decided to buy the perfume cuz I found it cheap and it's just as good as ever. So I guess this is a staple for me, but not my signature.

Coming in the mail:

Very Sexy by Vicorias Secret


A chick on ebay was selling her lotion and her big bottle of perfume that she has hardly used and I outbid all the other poor suckers who were bidding with 15 seconds left! I got them both for like 30 bucks! Holla! I know I like this smell cuz I've used it when my friends have had it. Definitely not a day smelll for work and what not cuz it's a little too strong, but I do remember liking it a lot so it will just be nice to have around.

On my wish list

Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture


In a word... YUM! This just came out this fall so it will be hard to find it anywhere on the cheap side for a while, but I'm savin up! This could very well be it ladies and gents.

Pray for me!
If anyone has any favorites they think I might enjoy send your ideas my way!

Love your guts and thx for reading!

2 comments:

Brittni said...

Obsess much?????? I have 2 bottles of perfume...velocity by Mary Kay..I don't love, but it was cheap because of the discount. And lucky no. 6..this one I do like quite a bit. You no likey one that you buy?? Call me!

Kelsie said...

I actually have Viva La Juicy and seriously it is amazing! I love it!!! I would highly recommend it. It seems like we have a lot in common when it comes to perfume. I also like very sexy and thought that heavenly was horrible on me, maybe I will give it another try. I like fantasy, but sometimes it gives me a bad headache. I would recommend Pink Sugar by Aquolina. It is by far my favorite although Viva La Juicy is slowly making its way to the top!